Monday, July 6, 2009

day 1

The first day of training is kind of like January 2nd. It's the day after everyone has compiled their list of New Year's resolutions, and typically "losing weight" makes it in the top 5. So of course, everyone hits the gym. Well, no one skips out on their first day of training, either.

It's exciting! I'm worried that the excitement will fade tomorrow morning when I wake up for my bike ride, but at least for one day there is anticipation and zeal for what's to come. My sore body may start resenting my zeal.

Today wasn't bad though, at all. I think what made it bad was the fact that I had stayed up so late studying for a test, then add to that a full day of classes and work, and I'm pretty tired. Today I had a 15 minute run, followed by a brief swim workout that totaled 200m. It seems small, and I keep looking at the schedule to make sure, but I'm going to stick with it.

I have the tendency to go out and do as much as I can, as fast as I can. Not good for endurance training. This schedule will be a test of my discipline and patience as I struggle to stay on top of things and not get too antsy for results!

For fun, my roommate Jessica and I jumped off the high dive after we finished our swim. I definitely screamed all the way down and was put to shame by a little boy who wasn't more than 5 or 6, jumping off an even higher dive. Nonetheless, it was a nice reward.

1 comments:

Linda said...

The high diving board as at A&M's Rec?!! Way to go!